Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas

It was a wonderful Christmas. Aaron and the family had me over to share their traditions and celebration. I was so happy. We Went to the movies. I saw Precious while the children saw The frog and the princess. KK said it was not as she expected and she took Kendra to the bathroom during the scary parts.
We went to Chico pres. Church service which was delightful and then came home for Chipino and Oyster stew( Stew was for Aaron and I the oyster fans).
Then we opened the Christmas pajama presents and proceeded to get into them which KK and Cristi stayed in all day on Christmas...
I tryed to stay up to watch Christmas with the Cranks but Dosed off quickly as usual.
Christmas day we opened presents, Aaron made a great dinner of prime rib and double baked potatoes which was delicious.
Grandma S. was there for dinner with the Sorenson's and a good time was had by all...

I am so lucky to have such a loving family to share my holidays with.
When I was a child we went to my father's family on the eve and Christmas day we went to my mom's mother's house. We had all the best of the Italian foods and played cards after lunch .... It was great fun. I went to My Grandmas Asti's house every sunday for lunch(pasta) and played cards even after I was married and took the children too. She died when Aaron was about 2 and then we started to have everyone to our house until we moved to California. Once in California it was only our family.
While we were still in wisconsin we would go to see Grandpa Johnson at Thanksgiving because it was hunting season and the children's dad liked to deer hunt.
We had a friend named Freddie that he hunted with. Andrea stood up for Fredie's wedding when she was 3 years old.
Christmas always brings up past memories. But the present is the most precious of all gifts because it is the only reality of existance. The past is history and future is a dream. It is okey to remember the past but not okey to live in the past. Live in the present for it is the true gift of Christmas....

No comments:

Post a Comment